We're looking for strong, self-motivated, and experienced drivers to join our cabinetry delivery team based in Hawkesville, ON.
About The Job
In response to tremendous growth in our company, we are seeking a Delivery Driver to join our team in Hawkesville, ON (just a few minutes north of Waterloo). Our Delivery Team is an integral part of our Chervin family, and facilitates a key step in the journey of bringing our clients’ dream homes to life.
Chervin’s Delivery Team is known for their strength, attention to detail, cooperation, and customer-oriented mindset; they thrive on delivering cabinetry with care, professionalism, and enthusiasm, ensuring that not only the client’s product, but also their experience with Chervin, lives up to “The Golden Means of Perfection”.
This opportunity is full-time (49 hours/week). Wage commensurate with experience. Benefits are included after a 3-month probationary period.
What You'll Do
- Deliver high quality, custom cabinetry and vanities to clients’ homes in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
- Work independently (or along with others, depending on the scale of the delivery) to deliver cabinetry in a timely and safe way (to protect the clients, the cabinetry, and yourself).
- Operate effectively and responsively under the direction of Chervin’s delivery dispatcher.
- Load kitchen cabinets (packaged onto skids or dollies) from our manufacturing facility into a straight truck and/or a cube van, then unload upon arrival at the client’s home.
- Deliver cabinetry to clients’ homes in the Kitchener-Waterloo area, as well as the GTA and the Muskokas.
- Unload cabinetry and other relevant equipment and materials off the truck by hand (with another delivery person, if required), and carry into client’s desired space – this may involve carrying the various elements up and down stairs or small hills.
- Assist in manufacturing facility with general labour on days when delivery schedule is slower.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your resume, and official driver’s abstract by filling out the form below.
What You'll Bring
- A valid G driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Experience and familiarity with driving large vehicles such as straight trucks and cube vans.
- Knowledge of effective blanket-wrapping of products for safe and secure transportation.
- The physical strength and endurance to carry 50-75 lb. pieces of cabinetry (of various sizes and configurations) up and down flights of stairs.
- Flexibility, willingness, and availability to make deliveries to all service areas, and on any day Monday – Friday, as required.
- A keen attention to detail.
- A self-motivated desire to produce valuable work.
- An enthusiastic personality.
- An aptitude for efficient problem solving.
- An attitude that is hardworking & eager to learn.
- A commitment to punctuality & dependability.
- A passion for the core values that are foundational to our Chervin family.
- A professional and courteous communication style.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- No post-secondary education required.
BONUS: A valid DZ license.
ap·pre·ci·a·tion / əˌprēSHēˈāSH(ə)n / noun Recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.
Meet The Author
Trevor Bauman is Human Resources Manager at the Chervin head office in Hawkesville.
Trevor loves seeing the growth and development of employees that are passionate about their career.