We're looking for detail-oriented, versatile people to support our cabinet building teams just north of Waterloo.
About The Job
In response to tremendous growth in our company, we are seeking General Labourers to join our production teams in Hawkesville (just outside of Waterloo). Our General Labourers facilitate a key step in the journey of bringing our clients' dream homes to life.
Chervin's General Labourers are known for their attention to detail, versatility, positive work ethic, and collaborative nature, and enjoy the opportunity to contribute to the quality craftsmanship that goes into every Chervin product, serving in various stages of the process and working with a wide variety of teams.
This opportunity is full-time (44 hours/week). Wage commensurate with experience. Benefits are included after a 3-month probationary period.
What You'll Do
- Operate modern woodworking machinery to produce accurate parts for assembly
- Complete final sanding and assembly of high-end custom residential cabinetry
- Install hardware (hinges, pullout systems, etc.) to finished cabinetry, as per specs provided by engineering
- Wrap and label trim, panels, and fillers to ensure safe transportation during delivery
- Help maintain an organized and tidy workspace to ensure smooth processes and enable your team to produce the best quality products
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure production requirements are met safely and efficiently
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your resume by filling out the form below.
What You'll Bring
- Ability to read and discern blueprints
- Ability to lift 50-75lbs
- A general understanding of basic woodworking tools
- A keen attention to detail
- A self-motivated desire to produce valuable work
- An enthusiastic personality
- A collaborative and creative nature
- An attitude that is hardworking and eager to learn
- A passion for the core values that are the foundation of our company
- A commitment to punctuality and dependability
- BONUS: 2+ years of general woodworking experience (not required)
ap·pre·ci·a·tion / əˌprēSHēˈāSH(ə)n / noun Recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.
Meet The Author
Trevor Bauman is Human Resources Manager at the Chervin head office in Hawkesville.
Trevor loves seeing the growth and development of employees that are passionate about their career.